About Me

My photo
Hi there! We are two sisters, Emily (Emmy) and Elizabeth (Libby). The Lord has blessed us beyond measure and we hope you will be blessed by this blog!

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Ancient Plan

I just love how God was preparing His people for the salvation plan from the beginning of the people of Israel. 

He told them and told them and told them. He instructed them how to live. He spoke through the mouths of prophets like Isaiah (49:5).

All throughout Isaiah are proclamations of the coming Servant King. My NIV Study Bible likes the notion of the "Suffering Servant" that Isaiah talks about, which was ultimately fulfilled in Christ. 

Some prophesies are just snippets of clues, and some of them are clearly obvious. But it just amazes me that this far ahead of the time the Messiah came God was very diligent in making Israel aware that there was an Anointed One coming to save them. 

Even just two chapters--Isaiah 49-50--are chock full of things to come. I like how 50:1 says 
Because of your sins you were sold
This is so important to remember, our salvation came at a high price. Our sins sold us into bondage. Our freedom had to be bought, we had to be bought (I Corinthians 6:20).

Anyway, back to the prophesies of Christ. There is a chilling foreshadow to His suffering in Isaiah 50:6
I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.
Needless to say, God prepared His people for their Savior long before He came. In the same way, He will prepare us for when He comes again. May our Lord Jesus Christ come soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Dear two sisters Libby and Emmy, great to know you through your blog "The Dutch Umbrella" and the post under it dated 28th March 2013," The ancient plan". I am glad to know your love for the Lord. Well I have a great opportunity for the young people who love the Lord Jesus and who are interested in Missions to offer them short term missions trip to Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live with a population of 18 million of which half of the population lives in the slums and those who live in the slums are the people who are poverty stricken, marginalized, underprivileged and socially, politically and enconomically oppressed. We reach out to them with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted and give them new life, future, hope and purpose to their lives. We would love to have you come on a short term missions trip to work with us. If you are interested please contact me on my email id. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 33 yrs in this city. Here is my email id.
    dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete