About Me

My photo
Hi there! We are two sisters, Emily (Emmy) and Elizabeth (Libby). The Lord has blessed us beyond measure and we hope you will be blessed by this blog!

Thursday, May 30, 2013


I am pleased to announce that after 4 or so years, I have just finished reading Emma (by Jane Austen)! It's not that I'm a slow reader--okay, maybe I am. But really, between school and reading other books, Emma just kind of got pushed to the back burner. As much as I love Jane Austen, I feel as if I don't get sucked into her writing as much as I do, say, Francine Rivers. Overall it was a great read, but Pride and Prejudice still holds first place for me! :) Comparing Mr. Knightley and Mr. Darcy, I gotta give it to Mr. Knightley as my favorite leading man. His character was noble and honest and upfront from the get-go. And I found the characters in Emma to be very entertaining as well!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty birdhouse picture!! Did you take that, or is it some reference to the the book that I have yet to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heavens, no, I did not take that! HAHA! Way above my skill level ;) I just found it on Pinterest and thought it was pretty!

      Delete