About Me

My photo
Hi there! We are two sisters, Emily (Emmy) and Elizabeth (Libby). The Lord has blessed us beyond measure and we hope you will be blessed by this blog!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Ramblings

Our furry friend Pearl, who thinks she's just another person in the family!

Good Friday afternoon to you! We have been having a very active day at our house. After breakfast this morning Mom and I did an old Jane Fonda workout record from the 80s. Despite its age- and the fact she's wearing a striped leotard, leggings, and legwarmers on the cover- it is a great workout! When that was finished, we decided to go for a walk and explore around the tennis courts in our neighborhood. Pearl (our sweet dog) had fun sniffing around and she found herself an old tennis ball to play with! On our way back I decided to run the rest of the way, so by the time I got home I was hot and sweaty. Know what I did then? I ran straight outside and jumped in the pool. I consider it a blessing from God that the water temperature had cooled down a few degrees from the usual 91! Emmy joined me and Pearl when she finally got home. We decided to declare Fridays this school year our Fitness Friday! So now, every Friday after our co-op we will come home and do something active like ride bikes, walk, run, yoga, swim, or other workouts.

Other things going on....yesterday we went to the library on base and we checked out Lord of the Rings. I'm hoping we can watch it tonight or tomorrow night. I also got some cool books including The Count of Monte Cristo. I thought it sounded interesting and I've been wanting to read it for a while now. I write a review on it when I finish and let y'all know how it is! Emmy has been very busy with ballet- she has it every day except Saturday and Sunday! It's getting very serious for her now. Among everything else, we (at least Daddy and I) are anxiously awaiting next Saturday which marks the beginning of.......FOOTBALL SEASON! For our Sooners anyway. I'm very excited for college football season; sometimes I wish we could just fast forward through baseball season to the most wonderful time of the year!

I hope I can think of better things to write about in the future....but until then, Cheerio Darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment